Subject: PRESS RELEASE: The Future and Goals of MDP
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 9, 2021
The Future and Goals of MDP
KANSAS CITY, MO. – As a state party, we are excited for the potential of the 2022 and 2024 election cycles in Missouri. We welcome the passion not only from staff, but countless community members. The determination exists for the Missouri Democratic Party to thrive in our state and together we can make that happen. That being said, we know we have work to do.
We are taking the unusual step today of releasing a statement from our staff directly to the community. We hear and see your voices and hope to engage you as we rebuild. There has been disappointment about the recent announcement of a signage campaign the Party is starting, requesting input on where to set-up messaging across our state. We assure you; this is only one prong of our 2021/22 and beyond approach.
We hear your calls and are already preparing for deep canvassing and authentic relationship building throughout Missouri. MDP has created a new Missouri Playbook that we will roll-out in the next few weeks. Below we outline some of the strategies included:
- We are applying for a grant from the DNC to open regional offices across the state, including in our rural counties. The goal is ten offices, and the DNC grant will help fund creation and staffing. Currently, we have staff in Kansas City, Columbia and St. Louis.
- We are fostering relationships with new media outlets, newsletters and rural communications like radio. We are also developing a project to create an MDP podcast focused on rural issues and doing more to support our important Rural Caucus.
- We are visiting counties across the state already and are excited to get back to successfully and safely canvassing after COVID-19.
- We will bolster our existing volunteer programs by providing additional training and resources, but also build new volunteer recruitment and training procedures utilized in other parts of the country.
- We are actively working to recruit candidates who truly understand the needs of Missourians for races up and down the ballot. We are focusing ourselves on serving those candidates in the best way we can.
- We have hired new staff with diverse skills and experience with successful Democratic caucuses, campaigns and state parties. This will help us pivot in a different direction in canvassing, messaging, and fundraising. They came on staff May 31st.
As mentioned above, our new Missouri Playbook will include more details on our next steps and outlines our path forward with our base and new voters. We will release our plan in the following weeks.
We welcome further outreach and are happy to share more information if desired. This energy is just what Missouri needs, we just need to be in it together.
office: (573) 476-1987